1. My home is already done up, how do I install the system now?
Zicom Home Alarm System (HAS) is wireless hence no cabling is required; it will not disturb your home interiors.
2. I have a rented home and I want the system, what can I do? Can it be moved with me wherever I go?
Yes, it can be moved with you wherever you go. It is like any other white goods product. While you are shifting, you need to inform our 24x7 Zicom Command Centre about the change of address so that we can make the necessary changes in the contact details. The Company may charge a nominal fee for re-installing the Home Alarm System (HAS).
3. How can I arm my system?
You have 2 options for arming your system:
- Through the main panel by using the Away button on the Main Panel.
- By pressing the Lock button on the remote control.
4. When I arm my system at home and wake up in the night to walk to the kitchen will the motion sensor detect my presence and will the hooter start hooting?
If the panel is armed in Home mode then the motion sensor will not detect your presence, as in the home mode the Motion Sensor is programmed to be disabled and hence the hooter will not hoot. In the Home mode, only the Magnetic Sensors, Glass Break / Gas Leak Detector get activated hence during the night if you walk around the house there will be no alarm.
5. Does the motion sensor also sense air passing in front of it?
6. Can the Motion Sensor be placed outside my House?
No, it is not recommended because the Motion Sensor detects motion and there will be a lot of people moving around outside your house and each time it happens you will get a false alarm.
7. Can I partially arm the system?
Yes, but the Home Alarm System has to be programmed accordingly.
8. Can any of the sensors work on a standalone basis?
No. Except for the Gas Leak Sensor. But if it is not connected to our 24x7 Zicom Command Centre, it will only sound a local alarm and Zicom will not get to know about it.
9. What if there is breeze and my window glass vibrates; will the Glass Break Detector detect it and the hooter hoot?
No, the Glass Break Detector is designed to accommodate vibrations and therefore will not activate the hooter. The hooter will get activated only when the glass breaks.
10. What kind of smoke does the smoke detector detect?
11. Can the smoke detector also detect fire?
There is always smoke before fire. The Smoke Detector is installed to alert you before the fire is ignited thus protecting the premise from major damage.
12. Does the smoke detector also detect steam?
13. How should I verify the location of where to place the components of Home Alarm System (HAS)?
Our engineer shall assist you with this.
14. I have a pet dog at home, will the motion sensor detect its movement or not?
No, it will not detect its movement when the system is kept on.
15. Can the main panel be installed in my bedroom?
Yes, provided it has a power supply next to it along with telephone line connectivity. Since the components are wireless there should not be much distance between the main panel and other components
16. What is the distance to be maintained between the Main Panel and the other components?
The other components should be installed within the range of 10-20 metres depending on the obstructions in the house. Being wireless, with maximum obstructions the system will work well if placed
17. Can the hooter be placed out side my house?
18. Who will install it?
The installation will be done by Zicom trained engineers.
19. Is the installation free?
Nominal charges shall apply for installation & wiring.
20. I have an ailing mother/father at home and I want to be informed if they are in some medical emergency. Can your system provide it?
Our Remote Control has a red button, which is the Panic Button. When this button is pressed, our 24x7 Zicom Command Centre will be alerted and we will call up your home and check the reason/ cause of emergency. This service is a special service which you need to register with our 24x7 Zicom Command Centre.
21. Is there any special charge for registering for this special service?
22. What is the time frame in which I will receive a call or SMS from 24x7 Zicom Command Centre?
Typically the response will be within 3 minutes. Sometimes due to network congestions it may get delayed.
23. What if there is a delay from the 24x7 Zicom Command Centre to get in touch with me?
This service is designed to provide a quick response whenever an alarm is received at the station. Sometimes circumstances beyond our control delays our response. It is our endeavour to provide efficient services through our 24x7 Zicom Command Centre.
24. In case of power failure, will the hooter hoot and send a signal to the 24x7 Zicom Command Centre?
The panel works on an in-built battery back-up of 4 hours. You can also purchase a power pack from us, which enables a battery back-up of 24 hours. So our systems are never down.
25. What if the phone line is not working will I get an SMS?
Our 24x7 Zicom Command Centre has a facility to check the health of your Home Alarm System. We receive an alarm alerting us that the phone lines are not working and we in turn inform you if there is a fault in the phone line. We are also alerted in case the telephone wire is cut.
26. What should I do if I need Zicom?s assistance post purchase?
You can contact us at our Toll Free No. 1800-270-8888 (MTNL/BSNL networks) or 1800-270-4567 (For all networks)
27. . Where can I get a list of Zicom Stores or names of Dealers?
From our website www.zicom.com